On completion of this course you will have a basic knowledge of sailing and be capable of sailing without an instructor on board in light winds.
At PDSSA we take this course in a variety of small dinghies. You may be sailing single handed, in a two man boat with another beginner and an instructor close to you in a safety boat or more likely in a crewed boat with an instructor on board.
It is recommended that all participants consolidate their basic skills with the level 3 better sailing level 3 course as well as practice between courses.
- 16 Hours split over two consecutive days
Pre – requisites
- Experience – RYA National Sailing Scheme Start Sailing Level 1 or Equivalent
- Knowledge – RYA National Sailing Scheme Start Sailing Level 1 or Equivalent
- Specialist Equipment & Clothing – None
- Age – Generally 18+. We will assess younger individuals based on confidence, attention and accepting instruction, ability on/around water and previous experience prior to accepting them onto a course.
Plymouth & Devon Schools Sailing Association
WARNING: Don’t use the postcode on a sat nav to find us….you won’t !!
You’ll find us at the southern end of the Barbican Wharves between the Barbican Landing stage, The Old White House on the end of Pheonix Wharf and Elphinstone car park. All of this below the south eastern quarter of the Royal Citadel. Check us out on the map here and on our contact page.
- Build up some experience at our open sailing sessions
- Sign up for a RYA National Sailing Scheme Better Sailing Level 3 Course
- Become a member join our association for discounted rates on all eligible sessions and courses