By the end of this course you will have a range of sailing skills, background knowledge and be well on your way to being a confident small boat sailor.
At PDSSA we take this course in a variety of small dinghies. You may be sailing single handed, in a two man boat with another beginner or in a crewed boat with an instructor on board. We will decide which boats to use based on the forecast and your level for adventure. Whichever boat you’re in one of our qualified and experienced dinghy Instructors will be close by watching and helping you through the course activities.
Pre – requisites
- Experience – RYA Youth Sailing Scheme Stage 1 or Equivalent plus regular practice
- Knowledge – RYA Youth Sailing Scheme Stage 1 or Equivalent
- Specialist Equipment & Clothing – None
- Age – Generally 8+. We will assess younger individuals based on confidence, attention and accepting instruction, ability on/around water and previous experience prior to accepting them onto a course.
- Parental/Guardian Permission for under 18 year olds
- Confidence In and Around Open Water
Plymouth & Devon Schools Sailing Association
WARNING: Don’t use the postcode on a sat nav to find us….you won’t !!
You’ll find us at the southern end of the Barbican Wharves between the Barbican Landing stage, The Old White House on the end of Pheonix Wharf and Elphinstone car park. All of this below the south eastern quarter of the Royal Citadel. Check us out on the map here and on our contact page.