Successfully completing stage 4 means you now have the skills to sail a double handed boat as helm or crew. As a team you’ll be able to solve a number of problems afloat. Passing this stage is the gateway to the advanced modules and the racing pathway.
At PDSSA we take this course in a variety of small double handed crewed dinghies. You may be sailing with another person at this level or in a crewed boat with an instructor on board. We will decide which boats to use based on the forecast and your level for adventure. Whichever boat you’re in one of our qualified and experienced dinghy Instructors will be close by watching and helping you through the course activities.
Pre – requisites
- Experience – RYA Youth Sailing Scheme Stage 3 or Equivalent plus regular practice
- Knowledge – RYA Youth Sailing Scheme Stage 3 or Equivalent
- Specialist Equipment & Clothing – None
- Age – Generally 8+. We will assess younger individuals based on confidence, attention and accepting instruction, ability on/around water and previous experience prior to accepting them onto a course.
- Parental/Guardian Permission for under 18 year olds
- Confidence In and Around Open Water
Plymouth & Devon Schools Sailing Association
WARNING: Don’t use the postcode on a sat nav to find us….you won’t !!
You’ll find us at the southern end of the Barbican Wharves between the Barbican Landing stage, The Old White House on the end of Pheonix Wharf and Elphinstone car park. All of this below the south eastern quarter of the Royal Citadel. Check us out on the map here and on our contact page.
- Build up some experience at our open sailing sessions
- Sign up for our RYA National Sailing Scheme Advanced Sailing Courses
- Join the RYA Racing Pathway
- Start your progression to becoming an Assistant Instructor at PDSSA as a volunteer
- Become a member join our association for discounted rates on all eligible sessions and courses